The chance to change only comes along in great occasion. For many people changing geographical location allows them to reassess who they are, what they want, and the direction in which they are headed. These acknowledgements of the inner self can be influenced by exterior experiences and affect the way one perceives themselves and moreover how we are perceived by others.
A brave young woman with little more than ambition and nerve leaves her known reality behind in hopes of better understanding herself and the world. Through this journey she becomes a ball of clay, something to be remoulded and remastered by unknown forces. These forces will break away old concepts and allow space for new development. As time and space pull apart her linear human condition she will not be of one single nation any longer. In this new realm she can only become a hybrid. She will remind those of her origin yet synthesise aspects of her new surroundings into her inner and outer presence creating a global persona, an otherworldly entity.
Designer Credits: Farrah Floyd, Kimberit, Ivyrevel, Stuttenheim, Melvin & Hamilton, Weave, Savage Wear, Franziska Michael, Chyarny
1. Dress by Kim Berit; cropped top by Ivyrevel
2. Salmon pink umbrella print maxi dress by Mint&Berry; turtle neck black knit by Cheap Monday; black collar stylist’s own; black shiny coat by Stuttenheim; shoes by Melvin & Hamilton
3. Tactic top with vertical red stripes by Cheap Monday; plastic brown transparent shorts by Farrah Floyd; red shoes stylist’s own
4. Black jumpsuit by Weave; yellow leg warmers and arm warmers by Franziska Michael; black and golden latex collar by Savage Wear; red shoes stylist’s own
5. Green top by Franziska Michael; green latex collar by Savage Wear; green latex corset with red details by Savage Wear; wide skirt by Weave
6. Pastel tasseled midi dress by Mint&Berry; black latex leg warmers by Savage Wear; chain collar stylist’s own
7. Purple latex collar by Savage Wear; purple top by Chyarny
8. Silver latex dress by Savage Wear